Facilitator: Helen Josephine
Note-taker: Brian Greene
- Cool Features/Ideas
- Ability to incorporate feeds (e.g. weather, cover art, Instagram, etc.)
- Embed polls/questions
- Share content with other locations (e.g. branches)
- http://www.oalla.com/ Used by Stanford
- Basic digital photo frames with USB ports can be a basic way to get started with digital signage.
- Some (less obvious) benefits
- Opportunities for cross-campus partnerships
- Good way to de-clutter an area while still sharing information
- Needs to be kept current
- Needs to be easy to update
- Publishers are adding video content
- Potential with lab protocols in science settings and social topics in medical libraries
- One issue is the need/desire to offer streaming video with closed-captioning, yet not all products are captioned.